Tuesday, June 17, 2008

A life changing weekend

So I just had the most amazing weekend. We had President Bednar, a member of the twelve apostles, come to our stake to speak. For those who do not know, we believe that the same organization when Christ was on the earth has been restored again today. So we have a living prophet as well as twelve apostles that leads and guides are church today. Chad and I were able to sit right in front as President Bednar taught. He taught about our purpose on earth, the correct interpretation of agency and consequences, and how much our Heavenly father knows and loves us(as well as many other things). I can say without any doubt in my mind that he truly is an apostle of the Lord and that Heavenly Father spoke through him that night. His countenance just radiated with the spirit.
One of the principles taught that really stuck out was that we need to open our eyes and ears to personal revelation and that we need to pray everyday and ask for it. God doesn't just talk to the powerful spiritual leaders of the world but he can and wants to speak with me. Especially to a mom who is in charge of raising children in a crazy and wicked world. I need to constantly fight Satan harder than he is fighting me. I am so grateful for scriptures, our prophet, and my father in Heaven that tells me how to do that.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ash:
I got my blog template at cutestblogontheblock.blogspot.com - I have the link on my page. And, of course I've seen the twilight clip! I have a friend that is even more obsessed than I am that sends me all the latest updates :) By the way, I've committed my mom to read twilight before the last book comes out...! Can't wait to hear what she thinks!
Missy

Unknown said...

One more thing...Bednar came and spoke to several stakes here as well - just to the young adults/young marrieds (under 30). I loved it, but was pregnant and wrestling with Tay the whole time - then, what do you know, they asked me to speak in our stake conf. about his fireside...apparently I was one of the only ones from our stake that was spotted there. Should have been listening a little more closely I guess! Good thing Adam takes notes!