Monday, July 16, 2012

Flea market, Orsay,St Chapelle, St. Germain- Day 12

One of my moms good friends had a friend living here in Paris.  She took us to a fun flea market close to the Eiffel tower.  Since there are no Targets or super markets, people buy fresh all of the time.  I guess I would to if I had this out my doorstep.  Despite being in Paris, we got the most amazing Lebanese food.  All the sisters also snagged cute leather hand bags.

while the girls shop, this is what dad does to entertain himself

It only took forever but Shannon finally decided on this cute leather jacket.
trying to be a true frenchman
Our first try on riding the bus!  It was scary.
You saw this all of the time--makes me soooo nervous because cars are flying by every which direction.
The oh so famous Orsay Museum that houses the most beautiful impressionistic art.  Too bad most of the paintings were of nude women.  We walked through quickly....


now that is what I call a piece of art!
oops
One of my favorite things in Paris-- the Sainte-Chapelle built in the 1200s. Pictures once again just don't show how breathtaking the stain glass is.  There are more than 1000 different biblical scenes shown.  It was built to house supposed the "crown of thorns".

You can always count on mom asking you to stop every 2 seconds to take a picture!  Dont you just love her parisian outfit?
Now this felt like Paris...loved this section of town--off St. Germain on the left bank--beautiful shops, cafes, colors, smells.  The weather was perfect...until we decided to split from the guys who took the umbrellas while we got soaked.  It would usually rain every evening for 30-45 min just to make everything look new and shiny.  The city is SOO clean and safe- totally surprised me.
Best ice cream ever.  Shannon got one before dinner and one after dinner I believe.  They shaped the ice cream like a rose. so cute!
Our friends the Beckstrands(he served his mission here) recommended this amazing cafe famous for their steak.  Although a bit spendy, it was well worth it!  The sauce and mash potatoes were fantastic.

Romantic strolls at sunset....where's chad??  oh yeah, taking ALL the pictures.  good job babe


We decided to brave the subway!  Everyone was like--ugh american tourists..get off!
on a side note--- I love how we all are progressively getting fatter in every picture.  worth every pound.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

I just got done looking at all your posts from Europe!!! You look great, Ash. And it looks like you guys had so much fun! Wish I was able to go with you. Let's do a girls trip and go back! :) Love you!