I've now seen it for the second time and will probably see it a million more times because Im a forever fan. And in case you didn't know, Twilight is kicking butt in ticket sales. New Moon has officially been approved for next year.
I thought Bella and Edward were PERFECT. Especially Edward. He was so scary and sexy all at the same time. It'll be good to see him let his guard down a little in the other movies. So of course I loved the movie because it was Twilight. Yes there were major cheesy moments and they needed about 30 more minutes of just straight dialogue but it was a small budget and a 500 page book. Plus the screenwriter was the same lady who wrote the script for Step Up- the dance movie. I mean come on, what can you expect.(OK NEWS FLASH- I just read that they re-hired the same screenwriter for New Moon. NOT a smart move. They desperately needed a better script the next movie. Thats just what I need...cheesy lines now coming from Jacob. Dang it.)
I was just perfectly content to watch Edward stand for 2 hours. I thought it was really entertaining to be in a room with a ton of fans giggling at the dumbest parts that you would only get if you had the book memorized. The cheesiness really made for a funny movie though. I was laughing the whole time and couldnt stop smiling ever time Edward walk into the room.
Best Moments:
2. Edward in the rain talking with Bella. HOT
6. The whole prom scene especially when he was about to fake bite her. The look that she gives him when she says I want to be with you forever makes me cry every time.
5. Rosalie in her baseball pants (Chad said that one..she looked "fat")
7. All the special effects.
8. Jacob all around. Oh please use the new budget to get a new Jacob!!
So I'll be taking Jace to the movie Monday. He thinks Edward is like Spiderman. GO SEE IT!!






2 comments:
Ashley, you are hilarious. Yet, you are a great critique. I just saw it last night with Ashley and we had the exact same thoughts as you. If you read the book and knew Bella's thoughts, then you'd understand the cheezyness. I heard a few people didn't like it and were so critical, but I loved it and want to see it again. Wahoo!
After reading several friends posts about the movie, YOU NAILED IT girlfriend!!! I agree with every point you made :) Please, new Jacob. He is so dang ugly. Hee, hee...I love being so critical of movie stars!
Post a Comment