Sunday, May 1, 2011

What's new...

A new van (ugh...those who knew me and my relationship with the "shaggin waggin" know why I am a bit weary about getting a van again). Bonus- Chad got an amazing deal, the kids can still touch but takes a lot more effort, I contributed to the record number of vans in Bedford.
Yeah finally painted downstairs! You can see how yellow the walls were above the fireplace. Now to get my couch to match it..

Our official first season of t-ball. Jace can really smack the ball. Remembering to run to the base after smacking the ball is a different story. So stinkin cute though!
So Im sure many of you heard about the crazy tornados that hit Raleigh a few weeks back. Here is a neighborhood Jace and Chad helped clean up only 1/2 a mile from our house. Chad was out of town while the kids and I huddled in our closet under the stairs. Jace, who is my weather boy, got the excitement of a lifetime. Seriously, the last 3 movies he watched were Twister, 2012, and The Day after Tomorrow. We have the weather channel on every morning.

Dad bought a 4 wheeler for himself, I mean Jace! You can see Chad, I mean Jace roaming the streets almost everyday. It is Chads, I mean Jace's favorite thing to do these days.
and for the best news-- It's a girl! Natasha Rae Barnes
I finally get to use my fav name I have loved since I was little. Coming the beginning of September. Look for the beached whale at the pool all summer long...
Jace and Brenna are super excited for the baby ;)

4 comments:

elizabeth said...

I'm glad you all were safe. That's scary to think that was only .5 mile from your house. And a big congrats for little Natasha!!! You look beautiful.

Unknown said...

I love chads I mean Jace's fourwheeler! It might need it's shocks evaluated now, lol! Yay for Natasha and you look so adorable in that preggers pic!! Can't wait to see it in person!

Amanda said...

Ok....when did you get that mirror above the fireplace????? Is that the one from Z gallerie?

Nicole said...

Ah! this post cracked me up...if you ever want me to come out and watch the kids just let me know! They are so darling! Miss and love you! Hope to see you soon! :) xo