Chad and his buddies, Mitch and Dave decided it would be "fun" to take part in an adventure race. Basically, you are given a map with 31 total check points that you had to map out and get to through swamps, rivers, mountains, and lakes. Remember the massive storm system that came through NC which brought 30 tornados. Yep this was the same storm they went through during the race.
One of the checkpoints was on that island, so Chad had to swim across in freezing water to get to it. In his underwear.

Snakes anyone?


One of the checkpoints they had to climb up this ladder. Thats when I would have just gone home. Actually I would have gone home as soon as I saw it was raining.

After braving the weather, the guys (Chad, Dave Collier, Mitch Pulley) placed 2nd at the Adventure Race at Lake Norman. The race was a combo of biking, running, kayaking, swimming. They gave the gave the guys 30 points to plot on a map then the goal was to get as many of the checkpoints and get back to base in 4 hours. I think it was about 10 miles of biking and 7-10 miles of running. So proud of you Chad!!

After braving the weather, the guys (Chad, Dave Collier, Mitch Pulley) placed 2nd at the Adventure Race at Lake Norman. The race was a combo of biking, running, kayaking, swimming. They gave the gave the guys 30 points to plot on a map then the goal was to get as many of the checkpoints and get back to base in 4 hours. I think it was about 10 miles of biking and 7-10 miles of running. So proud of you Chad!!
Celebration did not last long as they had to drive home as fast to get home to us wives and kids who were back home huddled in our closets bracing for tornados.






No comments:
Post a Comment